Well, last night was far different than the week before. We had 10 scouts. Wow! I thought how great this was. Until I started in on the photography merit badge. Everyone of those scouts couldn't sit still, couldn't be quite, couldn't listen to me talk. It was a little frustrating and brought back memories what a pain in the butt I use to be. I guess turn-about is fair play. I decided to repeat some of the things I discussed the previous week and one of the scouts asked if he could leave because he had learned this last week. This is the challenge I get with scouts earning the required merit badges ahead of the troop's schedule. It's all a challenge!
As part of the merit badge, I gave two groups cameras to take pictures. I thought they would go about the church and take some pictures. One group took 8 pictures while the other group took 4. Far less than I had hoped for. I wish I'd had some beautiful pictures I'd taken over the years to get them interested. Maybe next time.
Then, a great opportunity for a scout master minute and I didn't have one. Dang!
PS. The boys had the most fun of the night playing steal-the-bacon. Merit badges are a pain to these young carpet-rats!
No comments:
Post a Comment