Sunday, May 22, 2011

Multi-District Spring Scout Show, Barnes Park






Well, we supported our local council and district by attending the spring camp out at Barnes Park in Kaysville. We met at 4:15 at the church and arrived by 5:00. We set up our tents in one of the 4 baseball fields. The boys cooked spaghetti for supper and I made a dutch oven desert. We listened to the battle of the bands for the evening, which pretty much spoiled the solitude of the beautiful night. The boys played games with frisbees and other things and generally had a good time. The trains woke me during the night and I was up by 5:30 getting my display area set up. I had many people stop by to see my collections and talked with a number of people. It was really a good time. It was fun being an ambassador for scouting.

No comments:

Post a Comment